A gazebo is a great place to enjoy the outdoors while staying protected from the elements. Make your gazebo glow with custom lighting so you can enjoy it any time of the day. You can hang your lights in a variety of configurations, and when the sun goes down you’ll be able to enjoy a beautiful outdoor space with plenty of light.
- Start by measuring along the path the lights will go.
- Choose a pattern that will spread the light evenly over your gazebo. (Some common patterns are zig-zags, crisscross, and border outlines.)
- Get strands of large bulbs, enough to cover the length you measured out.
- Lay out and untangle the strands of lights.
- Grab your staple gun and start at the farthest point from the outlet. This prevents slack at the end. *If you think you’ll want to change the pattern down the road, you can use hooks which will be less permanent.
- Continue stapling along the path you outlined. Be sure the staples go around the wire, not through it!
- Check clearance around doorways and obstacles, the last thing you want is a broken bulb.
- Frame windows and doors with excess light strand on your way to the outlet.
Now you can enjoy your gazebo no matter what time of day it is!
For more how-tos and quick tips, check out our other videos, here!