If spring has come to your neighborhood then you might be in the throes of warmer weather and more hours of daylight. This is good news for homeowners who may find they have a bit more time, and motivation, to get out into the yard or work on the house.
Not sure what your home or property needs done this month? Looking for someone to do these projects for you? Here are some ideas to get you motivated and get your to-do list done!
Let a professional tackle your spring cleaning! Aside from the usual housecleaning tasks, consider having your carpeting, upholstery, drapery and windows cleaned as well as outdoor patio items like your grill or outdoor furniture.
If your exterior siding, roof, gutters, patio, driveway and walkways need cleaning, try a professional pressure washing company. Removing moss and algae build-up is important not just for looks but for keeping these materials in good shape and ensuring a safe walk up to the house.
If your yard needs some post-winter cleanup, consider hiring a landscaping company. They can deliver large quantities of mulch or gravel, remove debris from the garden beds, lay down new sod, and make your yard ready to support spring and summer growth.
Need to repair your deck? Want a new pathway in the yard? Does the fence need mending? April is a great time to book a professional to get exterior structural projects done. Getting these tasks done right will help ensure safety in your yard and can add value to your property.
Spring cleaning projects that help clear the air
If your home has been shut up for the winter you may feel the itch to throw open the windows and sweep the dirt out. Take this month to dust your home high and low and circulate fresh air. Here are some articles to help get you motivated:
- 1001 Ways To Clean With Vinegar
- Cheap & Easy Non-Toxic Cleaners You Can Make Yourself
- Clear Out Allergens & Make Your Home Sneeze-Free
- How To Clean A Sooty Fireplace
- 8 Ways To Clean Your Home With A Lemon
- How To Clean Your Windows Like A Professional
- How To Deep Clean Your Oven
What to do in the yard this month
No matter what size you have for your outdoor space, April is a great month to assess your landscape and do some productive work. Preparing planters, containers or garden beds for spring and summer plants is important, so is laying down mulch to prevent evaporation. Here are some great articles to read to get you inspired this month.
- Tiny Yard? Best Tips For Maximizing Your Small Space
- How To Design The Ultimate Outdoor Kitchen
- 5 Low Water Lawns That Still Bring Green To Your Yard
- How To Clean & Disinfect Your Containers Before You Plant
- How To Clean & Sharpen Your Garden Tools
- 6 Kid-Friendly DIY Garden Projects
- 8 DIY Firepits To Get Your Yard Ready For Summer
Learn more about what makes Porch stand out and why our customers love us.