What is the Porch Vetted Network?
The Porch Vetted Network is made up of screened home improvement professionals who are differentiated and uniquely positioned to win in this competitive industry. We created the Vetted Network because we wanted to make sure homeowners could identify and get connected with high quality professionals they could trust; and ensure that the best professionals had an opportunity to stand out and access exclusive benefits.
Any professional on Porch can apply to join the Vetted Network, but only professionals who pass a background check will be admitted. If you’re a quality professional looking to gain a competitive advantage, submit your application for the Porch Vetted Network today. APPLY NOW! Or give us a call: (855) 429-2032
What qualifies a Pro to join the Vetted Network? Professionals must pass a background check to be able to join the Vetted Network. This means that they must not be banned under the guidelines below.
What makes a Pro pass or fail the background check? See the chart below for details about the types of criminal convictions our third-party background check partner will screen for, and the eligibility guidelines based on their findings
Here are some example cases:
- If a Pro has an assault misdemeanor conviction from 2 years ago, he/she will be eligible to participate in the Vetted Network in 5 years.
- If a Pro has a conviction for felony drug possession from 5 years ago, he/she will not be eligible to participate in the Vetted Network.
- If a Pro has vandalism misdemeanor convictions from 19, 15, and 12 years ago, he/she will be eligible to participate in the Vetted Network in 8 years.
- Porch reserves the right to make one-off decisions that vary from this policy at our reasonable discretion. For example, if a Pro has multiple not-guilty verdicts but no convictions, Porch may decide that the Pro is not eligible to participate in the Vetted Network.
- Porch reserves the right to update this policy (for example, to add or remove charges or to move charges from one category to another).
Background Check FAQs:
How long does the background check take?
- In most cases, the average time a background check will take is 7 business days, but it could be more quickly than this.
- In some cases, the check can take longer than this. For many counties, someone must go in person to the county courthouse and hand a clerk a slip of paper with a criminal records request. The county then responds at their own pace which can cause delays.
- Federal & National background check searches can sometimes take a long time if the Pro being screened has a common name.
How will I know if I pass or fail the background check?
- Your background check status can be found on your Porch account. Click here to view the specific page where your status can be viewed.
- We will send you an email once we have received the results of your background check, informing you if you have passed or failed.
What happens if I fail the background check?
- If you fail our background check, your business will be removed from Porch altogether. Any open leads on your account will be closed, and the homeowner will be notified. If you do not pass our background check, you will receive a refund for the Vetted Network fee. There is a $50 non-refundable processing fee that will not be returned.
Will Porch tell me why I failed the background check?
- Our third party background check partner (Evident) will notify you if they find something on your record that is adverse to the Porch background check policy. This notification will include a background check report for you to review, and details around how you can file a dispute. Once a failure is confirmed, you will receive an official email from Porch.
How frequently will my background check be updated after the initial screening?
- We will run a background re-check once a year on all Vetted Pros. Additionally, our third-party partner will continuously be monitoring our Vetted Pros. What this means is that in the case where a crime is committed by a Vetted Pro, Porch will be notified and the Pro’s Vetted status will be re-considered.
What happens if I fail a background check as part of the continuous monitoring?
- If you fail a background check as part of the continuous monitoring, your business will be removed from Porch altogether. Any open leads on your account will be closed, and the homeowner will be notified. If you do not pass our background check as part of the continuous monitoring, your Vetted Network membership fee will not be refunded.
What if my background check status says “Error”?
- If your background check comes back with an error, that usually means some of your information was entered incorrectly, or we were unable to accurately identify your identity.
- If your background check comes back with an error, you’ll need to re-submit your background check. To do so, please visit this page, or Contact Support.
For more information, give us a call: (855) 429-2032