Frequently Asked Questions
How does Pay as You Go work?
Pay as You Go allows you to receive lead notifications for free. When you decide you would like to contact the homeowner, you can buy the lead. Price per lead varies depending on the value of the lead.
A homeowner tells us about their project:
- We send you a lead notification through text and/or email.
- You review the details, including the location, and decide if you want the lead.
- If you are interested, you can log into your account to buy the lead.
- After you’ve purchased the lead, you can go to your ‘My Dashboard’ page to access the lead at any time.
Contact the homeowner:
- Once you buy the lead, you will be directed to the homeowner platform where you can call and message the homeowner directly.
- The homeowner will be notified that you are interested.
- We recommend contacting the homeowner within 1 hour of receiving the lead to have the best chance of winning the job.
Win the job:
- We allow up to 4 professionals to respond, so the homeowner will usually hear from a few other professionals. The homeowner decides who to hire.
- Once hired, you will work out the details with the homeowner to get the project done and they will pay you directly.
- Ask the homeowner to leave you a great review. This will help you win more jobs in the future.
How do I sign-up? How about logging in?
To sign-up for a Porch professional account and our Pay As You Go program, go to https://porch.com/pro/
To log in, click “Log In” in the top right corner of Porch.com. If you forget your password, you can reset it anytime by clicking “Log in” and then clicking the link next to “Forgot Your Password?” Tip: If you find that you are having trouble logging in, double check that the email address you’re using is the one you originally used to sign up with Porch.
How do I unsubscribe from lead notifications or change my notification settings?
You can unsubscribe by Managing your notification preferences.
- Log into your account
- Go to Account settings
- On the left-hand side, click Pro settings
- Uncheck the box labeled “Pay As You Go email notifications” and/or the box labeled “Pay as You Go SMS notifications”
- If your company is out of business, you can also go to the link above to unsubscribe from all emails and notifications.
- If the leads you are getting are out of your service area, you can change your service area using this link: http://porch.com/pro/service-area
- If the leads you are getting are for the wrong service type, you can change the services listed on your profile.
- You can always stop text notifications by replying “STOP” via text to 414141.
- Remember that we’ll always send you an email if a homeowner contacts you directly through your profile, and this kind of lead will be free.
If I click on the link in the lead notification, will I be charged?
No. When you click on the link in the email or text, you will be able to see more details about the lead. You will only be charged if you decide to purchase a lead by clicking “Purchase Now.” If you don’t have a credit card on file, we will need your payment information.
Do I pay for every lead notification that I receive?
No. You can review the details of every lead for free. Once you’ve decided that you’re interested in the project, you can buy the lead. You will then be directed to the homeowner connection platform and can work with homeowner directly.
Is there an annual or monthly fee?
No. You only pay for the leads you buy. You are in total control.
Can I choose which kinds of leads I’ll receive?
Absolutely. You can specify the types of jobs you want by Adding or removing services you offer on your profile. You will need to click the gray pencil next to “Services Offered.” We will only send you leads for those types of jobs.
Can I choose what areas I’ll receive leads from?
Yes. Let us know what areas you want to receive leads from by Managing your service area. We will only send you leads that are submitted from within that area.
Can I change the email address that lead notifications are sent to?
Yes. Follow the instructions below:
- Log into your account
- From your profile page, on the lower right side, you will see “Professional Information”
- Click the pencil icon.
- Make sure the email address in the “company email” field is displaying properly.
- Select the email address you want the lead notifications to go to, Company or Personal.
- Scroll down to save the settings
- Remember that the “Personal” email address is also the email address used to log into the profile.
What if I get a bad lead? en español
What if I get a an invalid lead? en español
As is listed in our Terms & Conditions, we allow lead credits only in limited cases where the project request is invalid (for example, if the project request includes a disconnected phone number or has an obviously fraudulent name, or if the homeowner did not actually request to be contacted) or is a duplicate of another project request you recently purchased from Porch. If your return request meets Porch’s return criteria, then the purchase price for the applicable project request will be credited to your account. No refunds to your credit card will be given.
To request credit for an invalid lead, follow these steps:
- Login to your Porch account
- From your dashboard, click on the “Actions” drop down next to the lead you want credited
- Select “Request Credit” from the dropdown
- Answer the questions and click “Submit”
- If you qualify for a lead credit, the confirmation pop-up will note that your Porch account has been credited
- If your answers do not qualify you for a credit, or require you to discuss the details of the lead with our support team, the pop-up will ask you to contact support
Check out our Lead Credits Video – it walks you through the credit request process, and explains which leads are returnable: Watch Video Now
Take a look at our Lead Credits Policy to learn more about what qualifies you for a lead credit. Lead Credits Policy.
What if I don’t get a response from the homeowner? en español
In order to qualify for a credit on an unresponsive lead, you will need to meet the following requirements:
1) Contact the homeowner by phone at least twice in the first 72 hours (3 days).
2) Contact the homeowner via message/sms at least twice in the first 72 hours (3 days).
If you have reached out to the homeowner as described above, and the homeowner hasn’t responded to you, you may be eligible for a lead credit. To request a credit in one of these instances, please ensure that you have gone through the “Request Credit” process from your Porch Dashboard. After submitting your request, use the Porch Support Form to inform support of your request, so they can review the situation.
We will evaluate your request, and credit the lead’s value back to your Porch account if the homeowner hasn’t responded to you or any other professionals on our network. Please note that all credits are subject to our discretion.
If the homeowner decides to work with someone else, do I still have to pay for the lead? en español
If a homeowner decides to hire another professional after you purchase the lead, you will still be charged for that lead. The price of the lead can be found on the lead notification you originally received. You can also view the price by checking your transaction history from your Porch account.
Why do leads have different prices?
The price of a lead is based on the value of the job. Larger jobs (like roof installations and home remodels) will fall between $35 and $65. Smaller jobs (like door hanging and lawn maintenance) will fall between $5 and $20.
How many pros receive each lead?
We will notify every professional in our network that is qualified to take on the project, but we will never allow more than four professionals to buy a single lead. Responding quickly to a notification is the best way to ensure that the lead is still available and that you win the job.
Once I receive the homeowner’s contact information, what do I do next?
Get in touch with the homeowner! After you purchase the lead, you’ll be directed to the homeowner connection platform where you will be given a phone number and a pin. You can also message the homeowner directly (the homeowner will see it in their email). They are waiting to hear from you. Keep in mind, homeowners are busy just like you. If you don’t connect with them on the first attempt, make sure to follow-up a few times with phone calls and text messages.
How quickly should I respond?
The sooner you contact a homeowner after they submit a project request, the better your chances of connecting with them and closing the job. They consistently tell us that they love getting a response within a few minutes of submitting their request. You will likely be the first to respond, and homeowners see this as an indication of your general commitment to quality and professionalism. We just ask that you respect the time of day before giving the homeowner a call.
Waiting more than a day to respond significantly reduces your chances of closing the job.
Where do these leads come from?
Leads come from homeowners in your area. There are many ways homeowners find out about Porch: word of mouth, our high rankings in search engines, or through one of our partnerships with popular retailers like Lowe’s and Wayfair.com. They come to Porch to get their job done.
Do I have to buy leads to be on Porch?
No. Having a profile on Porch is free, and it’s a great opportunity to promote your business. Customers can and do contact professionals directly through these profiles. We won’t prevent homeowners from reaching out to you directly. When they do, it’s 100% free.
If I don’t get a response from the homeowner, should I go to their home anyway?
No, it’s not recommended for any professional to go to a homeowner’s residence without a verbal or written invitation. Porch tells its homeowners that pros will call or message first.
If you have any other questions, please Contact Support. We strive to get back to you within 2 business days.