For large remodeling projects or small fixes, you may need the services of a professional plumber. Plumbing is a task that requires expert and skill, and very often a professional plumber will go through a series of apprenticeship stages that may involve additional training or certification. Your plumber should be skilled in the basics such as water pressure and connecting pipes, as well as current building codes. Remember that a bad plumbing job can lead to serious damage and expense. Some plumbers specialize in small fixes like leaks, part replacements or upgrading fixtures. Other plumbers are masters at major remodeling projects and additions. Be sure you understand the scope of your plumbing project before searching for a plumber on Porch. Before hiring, take a look through our best articles relating to working with a plumber.
- Find the right plumber by asking these 5 questions
- How to keep your plumbing project on schedule
- Do you need a contract with your plumber?
- Is it time to find a new plumbing contractor?
- Fix leaks and start saving money
- Should you DIY your plumbing project or hire a pro?
- 4 budget-friendly plumbing projects
- Expert tips from a plumber
- How to fix a toilet